Old 03-26-2012, 02:55 PM
Cre8tvlwyr

Originally Posted by Anael
You're welcome Gladys

Here are my blocks for this week:
[ATTACH=CONFIG]322782[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]322783[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]322784[/ATTACH]
Absolutely gorgeous, Anael!!!! [I'm glad someone posted this weeks!] Gladys - how did you do your design wall?? did you import your blocks into the DJ CD-ROM??

Fraew - I too decided to make my B-11 more like the original.

For those wanting different instructions for B-11:
I started with a 3/8" finished square for the center and added 3/8" [cut at 1" wide and then cut down] background strips for each side. I cut [2] 2 1/4" squares in half diagonally and sewed them to either side of two other background strips, making sure the narrow strips finished at 3/8". Then I sewed the center square together: triangle-strip-triangle .... strip-square-strip ....triangle-strip-triangle. I trimmed the square down to measure 2 3/4" and then sewed another 1" wide background strip to each side. I cut [2] 3 1/2" background squares once diagonally for the corners. Next - I actually enlarged the picture of the original block in the book 250% to get the right curve for the outer curvy pieces and drew that centered on the long side [hypotenuse] of each of the background triangle corners and then trimmed a generous 1/4" out of the inside for the seam and clipped carefully to the line. I cut [4] 3" x 1 1/2" pieces of focus fabric and basted them centered behind the corners and reverse appliqued them. Last I attached the finished triangles to the outside of the center square.

Here are the last two rows... well, not including this weeks!!! check out Anaels

[ATTACH=CONFIG]322891[/ATTACH]I laid out all the blocks I have finished so far and realize I should re-arrange them when I finally put them together to make the colors 'flow' more [they don't do it at all now!!!][ATTACH=CONFIG]322893[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]322897[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]322899[/ATTACH]The following is my second re-do of B-9. I didn't reverse sew or remake the whole thing. It took me three tries to realize the reason my outermost corners were not fitting was because I was sewing them to the wrong part of the square . When I finally got that.... I moved them over to form a square with the lighter background![ATTACH=CONFIG]322900[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails dj-wks-9-10.jpg   djpt1.jpg   djpt3.jpg   djpt2.jpg   dj-b9b.jpg