View Single Post
Old 03-27-2012, 06:29 AM
buslady

Got my F8 from LovingIzabella yesterday. I have blocks done for Yosamitesa, Moonrise, Wanda Lou, NDQuilts and Veronika. I am hoping I can get them in the envelopes and mailed today. If not, I am going out of town this evening and will get them done in the hotel tonight and mailed tomorrow. So far all of the blocks are beautiful. I hope mine live up to expectations and work well with the others. Veronikas block gave me a run for my money!! Found the perfect match of fabric but had exactly 4-6" squares of it. I miss cut, didn't see it until way into the block. So had to redesign the block, of course the cut was too small, not to big. Go figure! LOL. Then I miscalculated and the block was 15", so I tore it all apart and trimmed back and whalla! And I like it. I hope Veronika does! Wandas fabric really got me going! I have always wanted to do a black and white quilt, and I have wanted to work a ying yang block up at some point. I sort of combined the two for this block. Not really a ying yang, but that is what it reminds me of. Moonrise, I loved your fabric. I tried to stay with the vintage feel of the fabric, wasn't sure about adding too much color, I hope it is not too bland for you. Naomi, your block was fun, I really liked your fabric and wanted it to be center stage. I hope I accomplished this. Yosamitesa, have you ever found just the right fabric for a project and couldn't use it for some reason? That is what happened. It was in a bag of fabric I purchased at a resale shop. There was a mix of stuff in the bag, but this particular piece was not up to my standards for a quilt, just too thin. Anyway, once I saw that piece, I just couldn't find anything that I liked as much. Then I found the piece I used. I hope you like it as much as I do.
This is soooo sew much fun!