Thread: R.I.P. Rowenta
View Single Post
Old 03-27-2012, 08:21 AM
MarleneC

I've had 2 Rowenta's and will never have another one. The first one lost heat and the second one started leaking after about 6 mos-this seems to be a common problem I've heard from many on sewing groups. I now have a Reliable which is great even though it is heavy--I've used cheaper irons and have been quite happy with those. I've used the Eliso at the quilt shop and they are nice--if I bought another iron I'd like one of those.

Originally Posted by Cindy2sew View Post
My beloved Rowenta died a miserable death today. RIP. It lasted 4 1/2 years. I would love to have another but the circumstances to which it passed leave me wondering if I should buy another. I plugged it in and sparks shot out of the area were the electrical cord enters the body. Yikes! I loved this iron because of the steam it provided. I cant afford the new Eliso so has anyone got good recommendations for a new iron?

I've had 2 Rowenta's and will never have another one. The first one lost heat and the second one started leaking after about 6 mos-this seems to be a common problem I've heard from many on sewing groups. I now have a Reliable which is great even though it is heavy--I've used cheaper irons and have been quite happy with those. I've used the Eliso at the quilt shop and they are nice--if I bought another iron I'd like one of those.

Thanks

Cindy in TN