View Single Post
Old 03-27-2012, 08:49 AM
w7sue

I have made four or five of them - one larger than the rest (my first) and the others were more lap size. The first one is just denim (single layer) and my son keeps it in his car - great for the beach and river. The others have flannel stitched on the one side of each block and I flip-flopped them when I sewed them together so they look like giant checker boards. For me, the flannel was a great way to use up scraps and on one of them, there really are no matches so it is truly scrappy. I used decorative stitches to stitch down the seams (some of flannel was strip pieced to make blocks). It was a fun way to test out stitches. I also used up all my extra bobbins with different colors and that added some fun to the quilt and used up all those little bits of thread left on bobbins from other projects. They wear forever! I have a 66 quart container full of jeans and my summer project is to get them cut up into squares - not necessarily sewn up, but reduced to a size and readiness. Then, I can use the container for something else. Have fun making your quilts.
Attached Thumbnails denim-quilt-1-1.jpg   denim-quilt-1-4.jpg