View Single Post
Old 09-03-2009, 10:23 AM
Rose Hall

Dear all,

My school secretary asked me last spring to make 2 fleece throws for her adult children (17 yr. old son and 20 yr old daughter). All she wanted was their names embroidered (SP?? its been a long day...) on them. She wanted these for Christmas. I said no problem, did them over the summer holiday and gave them to her in August when I came back to school. Well, she got so excited about them she gave them to her children as back to school gifts. I was extremely flattered that she was that excited. I charged her for materials and a small amount of labor. Gotta keep the school secretary happy, if you know what I mean!!! LOL

Now for the problem--she wants something else made for Christmas. When I asked her what, her response was, "I don't know, whatever you come up with--YOU"RE the creative spirit." While I will accept that as a compliment that 1) she trusts me and 2) she must like my taste, I am coming up blank with what to make a 17 year old guy. I need something fairly quick and about $20 or less for material. She is one of "those" people who does not appreciate how much work goes into quilting, etc.

what to make, what to make, what to make? I told her I would think about it and get back to her. no promises!

any ideas would be greatly appreciated. I am truly stumped.

I figured someone out there has made something for a teenage guy before that was quick, easy, fairly cheap and not goofy looking.

thanks for your help!!!!!!
Rose Hall