Old 03-27-2012, 04:57 PM
Charlee

Originally Posted by nurseknitsLaura View Post
Sigh. every time I mention how much one of my little trinkets is worth, my husb starts the sell IT sellIT" chant. He just doesn't understand, half the fun of owning something like that is the happy smug feeling I get of knowing I could turn a profit, but that I'm too noble? idealistic? stupid? to do so!

I was gazing at the IKEA site, getting ideas for turning our garage into a workshop/studio/family room. I noticed nice wall mounted shelves meant to hold CDs and thought they might make a nice display piece for the button hole maker collection. Laura
I get the same thing. "William, it's worth about $85.00!" (talking, for example about a needle spring I found in some attachments I got with my 115...perhaps not the TRUE value, but the cheapest I found one selling for on the net) His response? "You gonna ebay it or use Craig's List?" Uhhhhhh....neither!! I actually let him do that to me with a little cast iron muffin (gem) pan that I found in an antique store for $23.00. Bought it, THRILLED, because I knew it was worth more...and I was collecting them. I let him talk me into selling it...I got $300 for it....but now I don't have one, and the chances of finding another one that the seller doesn't know what it's worth are...slim and next to none!!

I don't let him do that anymore!