View Single Post
Old 03-27-2012, 05:41 PM
mhollifiel

I have one of those DHs as well and they are KEEPERS! We are both widowed from long happy marriages so we have lots to celebrate and wonderful memories to share. DH doesn't like to go in with me BUT when I return from the shopping he wants to know why I didn't get more. He has sent me back in when he didn't think I spent enough and, once or twice, gone back in with me to make sure I didn't get the "cheap stuff" this time! Lately he's been helping me with color choices and he has quite a good eye. He never minds when I spend money on fabric or time shopping for it. He plans our trips so I can fabric shop and we travel quite a lot. We've taken our trikes to Nova Scotia, Southern California, and Key West, mailing fabric back along the way. And the car trips (He loves to call them FARTS*) don't miss any shops either, LOL! I am piecing tops for Project Linus everyday I am home so my stash is actually smaller now than it has been. DH worries about me not having "enough" however much that is!

What do I do in return? I make sure he gets anything he needs to fish and keep him in bait!! I also clean his fish and scratch his back. I have an old Boy Scout, career Army Vet and all round good guy. He's not for sale at any price! I am one lucky old lady!

*Fabric Acquisition Road Trips