View Single Post
Old 03-28-2012, 04:48 AM
mermaid

Default stabilizers

Originally Posted by abc123retired View Post
I have two Husqvarna Viking machines that I bought used and have been very happy with. The Rose is 10 years old to me and still does wonderful 4x4 embroideries-it's a many step process, though, to get the designs over to her. So I purchased the Designer 1 used and love it. I got SewWhatPro to load designs to it, but I'm always sewing on it and hardly ever want to stop to do embroidery. I'm thinking of buying another one so I can multi-task and embroider larger designs. My HUGE hangup though is stabilizer. I am still a beginner as far as which stabilizer to use in each instance. Is there a chart out there listing projects and stabilizers? For example, what is the best stabilizer if the embroidery will be used in a quilt where it will stay permanently? I have sweatshirts that have sat here all winter because of my stabilizer indecision.
There is a wonderful chart to download for free--I posted the info yesterday. You can get it at www.diamondthreadworks.com
I can't remember where I learned of it, but it covers all fabrics--recommending the proper stabilizers...VERY handy document!