View Single Post
Old 03-28-2012, 07:47 AM
mwhite

Default What to do with vintage quilt tops?

I got a treasure of vintage sewing supplies given to me a couple days ago. Since I love reading the advice on this board I thought I would ask what you would do. There are several quilt tops in the boxes much to my delight! This stuff was headed to the trash and if it was lucky a yard sale when my daughter piped up and said my Mom will love to have that and she will take good care of it. I feel like Christmas came!! Most of the fabric is pretty musty and some is stained, probably watermarks. I did wash one quilt last night, a beautiful grandmothers flower garden, all hand quilted from 1930 or so. It came out wonderful. There are a couple more of the same type tops and a wedding ring top. Lots of blocks either hand or machine pieced. And lots of scraps, some of those might even be quilt pieces, I have to open the bags on the porch, kinda smelly.
So my question is what would you do with the tops? The quilting is beautiful! They are in great shape, and I would love to use them, is it wrong to machine quilt them. I have arthritis so hand quilting would be out for me. Any ideas??
Attached Thumbnails 054.jpg   048.jpg