View Single Post
Old 03-28-2012, 08:36 AM
QuilterMomma

Mine is a Gammill. I started on an old 1992 Nolting which had limited quilting space. I just recently upgraded to the Gammill and found a great improvement on my longarm quilting. I now get to use rulers and many more pantos. If you are shopping, and this is your first machine, be sure to get a dealer in your area if possible who can help you learn to use it. I just jumped right in and learned as I went. I picked up a couple of habits that are not real smart but have since modified and much better results. The MQX is in your area in April. That is where I would go to see the vendors and try out every one of them to see what fits you better. Also, you may get a great deal there. Both of the ones I have purchased are used which made them affordable for me. Another thing is watch Linda Taylor on The Quilting School.com She has some free videos on what to think about when buying and how to set one up. You may want to inform yourself beforehand. Also, what I did, is the LQS near me has where you can rent the longarm machine. This is a benefit because you get classes as you learn to use the longarm. Hope this helps.