View Single Post
Old 03-28-2012, 06:12 PM
cny_sewer39

Default Possible Drop Leaf Addition?

Good Evening Every1,

I hope that all is well with you & your families. I have a desk that has 3 drawers on the left side. I sew and quilt on this desk. I found it at a thrift store in Snowflake, AZ for $5.00. It was painted gold. I sanded all the old paint off and stained it. Here is my question (for you). Do you think I could put a drop leaf on the back? I went to Home Depot on Monday, and a customer service rep, said that the wood would split. The wood cover behind the drawers is maybe a 1/4" thick. I would like to make the back of the desk longer for quilting. I can not afford to buy a beautiful desk that has all the ""bells and whistles", nor have my husband build me one because we don't have the tools. I was hoping to do it myself. I am asking all of you because your DH's have built you some sewing furniture. I turned to you all because I value your opinions and advice. I will post some pics so that you can see what I am talking about.

I eagerly await your suggestions and feedback. I would also like to hear from any gender that is on the board.

Thank you all in advance for your help with my dilemma.

Have a blessed day.

debra

PS.-I also was thinking of taking the laminate off and cutting a space to fit my sewing machine into. I would like the sewing machine to be fluss with the desk. I also forgot to download the pic of the back of the desk. Not sure how to do it. Thanks for help.
Attached Thumbnails desk-front.jpg   desk-back.jpg  

Last edited by QuiltnNan; 01-13-2020 at 07:38 AM. Reason: shouting/all caps