View Single Post
Old 03-29-2012, 03:43 AM
quiltnut4ever

Wow, ladies that is very scary to have a top name company come after you. After reading this I definitely will never and never have, buy designs from Ebay. I know with the licensed designs you cannot "sell" them even if you put it on a garment you are selling, no different than licensed design fabrics. I love purchasing my designs from embroidery library. They allow you to sell merchandise with their designs on them. I also noticed lately that on some Amazing Design embroidery packs, it states that its allowable up to 25x or so to use the embroidery to sell or you can use it to sell. Again, anything that is copywrighted or licensed always READ THE FINE PRINT. I remember years ago, while stationed in Germany a friend of mine decided to sell some girl dresses with Precious Moments fabric. Well lo and behold a rep. from that designer was at the show and asked her to remove the dresses because the fabric line was intended for personal not commercial use. She did remove them and apologized stating she didn't know (I believe her since she was just starting to learn of sewing). So please be careful when ordering and using licensed and copywrited materials. Everyone enjoy your day!