Old 03-29-2012, 05:00 AM
gardnergal970

Here is a sample of the quilting workshop from last week. Mary also does what are called art quilts...not the traditional blocks like we are doing...and they are breathtaking. She has a book coming out this summer called At The Loading Dock in which she goes through her quilt by that name and details all of the techniques and tips she uses to get the affect she wants. My LQS is scheduling her continuing education class monthly and I want to try to attend. The key for me will be to practice so that it really is worth learning more. She is also a spokesman for Superior Threads and is giving a threads class in May which I've signed up for. She uses 100 weight silk thread for her piecing and much of her quilting and every other weight and kind of thread inbetween. You can't see too much variation of the thread in my sample but it's there. The local Indianapolis museum has asked her to display her quilt Fairy Lace along with her husbands painting by the same name which was her inspiration. I've really never seen anything like her work and it's such an opportunity to be in her classes. She is totally approachable and takes each student at her particular level and encourages her on. Amazing.
Attached Thumbnails photo-6.jpg   photo-7.jpg