Old 03-29-2012, 05:09 AM
moreland

Default Traveling Sewing "room" -- really doesn't take a lot of make many tops

I have been at my sister's home for the last 6 weeks, here to help out while they've been involved with their daughter's struggle with cancer. I have had a lot of time to sew and thought you might be interested in my "tiny" sewing area. It has been a lesson to me in how little one actually needs to produce much from the sewing machine. My ironing board has been a wood T-V tray with a thick towel doubled as the padding. I have a small clover iron that's worked very well and doesn't take up much space on my ironing board. I bought a bottle of Bounce's Ironing Spray which I love.
This same TV tray has also been my cutting board. I brought one ruler (6.5" x 12"), my favorite rotary cutter and a 12"x18" cutting mat. My FW is on a card table that is between the wall and the bed. The back side of the bed has been my "work top area" The top of the bed is my design board. I have NOT done much quilting, mostly because I do not have a walking foot for my FW with me. I'll put the batting and backings on when I get back home.
This has been a trip down memory lane, for when I was a young bride all my sewing was done on our small kitchen/dining table in our mobile home (about the size of today's RV's!) And my supplies all fit into a sewing kit about the size of the box my FW fits in. I was making garments then for my growing family.
Attached Thumbnails web-sewing-center-sharons-1.jpg   web-sewing-center-sharons-4.jpg