Old 03-29-2012, 05:22 AM
BoJangles

Originally Posted by Crossstitcher View Post
I am not an outdoor person but DH built my sewing room across a driveway he uses to drive into the woods. I love going over there and sew to my hearts content. I don't even turn on a radio just the hum of the treadle or an elec. machine. In the winter I fire up the wood stove and usually by afternoon I have to open a window. DH joins me every once in a while and we have lunch I'v cooked on the stove. Then he is gone again. I come back to the house around 4 and tell him "I'm home". It's been so nice. I have several machines to choose from FW's, 301"s, Davis VF, 319,Franklin treadle and my 66 treadle.
Trish that sounds wonderful, but my DH would not like it if I was 'gone' all day like that - most of the time anyway! I bet you get a lot done with no regular household duties waiting or distracting you. My cargo unit is pretty close to the garage where DH spends a lot of time on wood projects so we still feel we are sorta together - at least in the same vicinity! The best part of being out of the house is I don't get side tracked with a cleaning project! Your situation would even be better for being more productive!

Nancy