View Single Post
Old 03-29-2012, 06:26 AM
Gerbie

My favorite lemon cake recipe is so easy and fast and loved by most who eat it. I do it often for a large group. Really a tough one to make lol. This recipe is from Wanda's Country Home site that I am a member of and have had this recipe for several years now. Here goes: 1 box of Duncan Hinez Lemon Cake mix, 1 pkg. instant lemon pudding, 1 med -lg. carton Cool Whip, 1 can Eagle Brand Milk, chopped pecans (optional).
Bake cake mix according to box directions, in a 9x13 pan, (depending where I am taking it, but I usually use a glass pan) after cake is done, let cool for 5 minutes, then poke holes all over the top of the cake with a wooden skewer or shiskabob stick, then pour the entire can of the Eagle Brand Milk all over the top making sure that lots of milk goes into the holes, after cake has cooled completely, mix instant pudding according to pkg. directions, and spread pudding all over top of cake, next step spread the Cool Whip over top of the pudding layer, making sure that all of the top is cover with Cool Whip, next add chopped pecans if desired. 'That's All Folks!', just be sure to keep it refrigerated because of the Cool Whip and Eagle Brand. It doesn't usually last long enough to have this worry. When I take it to Church, seldom ever get to bring any back home. It doesn't taste exactly like a lemon cake, but it sure is good I think. I haven't tried this with other cake flavors, but I am sure it would work great. I told you it was really hard to do.lol