View Single Post
Old 03-29-2012, 06:51 AM
Geri B

so many things to reply to...I have a GO, have had for about 1 1/2 yrs and have collected a good amount of dies, and have used the ones I have and am well pleased with the outcome. I would recommend the machine without hesitation. The dies can be found on sale at several sites-along with s&h, which sometimes can cancel the sale price, if all else fails, JoAnn has 25% off most of the time. I belong to a yahoo group whose moderator is also a dealer with what I consider great prices, so she is my source. The cost of the dies is usually a "one time cost" unlike rotary blades, rulers, templates, mats. The material that is "wasted" is really miniscule and I really don't mind that, if I know my cuts are accurate...worth the trade off to me---one can safe those slivers and make animal shelter pillows or I have seen people who sew over a bunch with decorative emb designs for embelishment....so like in every other craft, hobby all can be re-purposed. As far as Sizzix being better, I don't know that, as I don't have one, but I understand that they are breaking their connection with Westminster Fabric and will redo the machine and up the price in the near future.
I recently saw the alto at demo and was doubly glad I decided on GO instead, as Alto was something I was considering at the time.
As far as not needing because only use strips.........believe me it is faster to GO strips than lining up and rotary and guess what - no little dip or slip of ruler!!!!! These are just my thoughts and reasons for my purchase, but like everything else, not everything is for everybody, but I am positive about my purchase.