View Single Post
Old 03-29-2012, 07:17 AM
DawnFurlong

Default Singer 403 - foot pedal plug problem

I have a problem with the plug on my foot pedal to my 403 that I am not sure how to fix.

My 403 came as a stand alone (not in a cabinet). I subsequently purchased a cabinet for it, so took the tray off the bottom of the machine to mount it. So far so good, until I went to put the machine down into the cabinet to close the top. At which point the plug for the foot pedal hit the side of the cabinet as I lifted the machine up, which partially pulled the plug out, which bent the prongs (didn't break them off, just bent them out). I bent the prongs back in place, they seemed okay, plugged the machine back in.

I recently moved the machine, so unplugged everything to store it down in the cabinet. After plugging it back in, the foot pedal no longer works (the light comes on, so it is not the power). Examining the plug, it appears that the metal casing on one of the prongs has come off (and I believe it came off in the socket it was plugged in to). Hopefully this is making sense - I have posted pictures below. Also, I seem to have an adapter on my foot pedal. It is an extra plug if you will. Didn't realize this "adapter" thing was superfluous until I went to look at new cords on the Sew Classic site. Wish I had realized that I didn't need the adapter thingy, had I removed it, the cord wouldn't have ripped off when putting the machine into the cabinet - it was that adapter thingy that was sticking out.

So - I believe I need to order a new cord/foot pedal (I don't like the foot pedal I have anyway, too small of a button to push). BUT - that won't solve my problem if the metal casing is inside of where the cord plugs into on the machine. How do I get that metal casing out?
Attached Thumbnails imag0622.jpg   imag0623.jpg   imag0624.jpg   imag0625.jpg   imag0626.jpg