Old 03-29-2012, 02:06 PM
BoJangles

Originally Posted by sweetpee View Post
Billy, I had a question back a couple of months about my 301A. Bobbin problem. Someone came back and had pictures that showed how the bobbin case should go in. The picture showed the pointy thing inbetween this other thing like a U shape. Mine is not like that how do I get mine in that area????? Please help me as I would love to use the machine. Thank you and I do believe you responded to the question on my first time.
Ok Sweetpee, I was hoping Cathy or Candace would answer this, but it must have missed them. Miriam is right.

You need to remove the throat plate and put it back making sure that the position finger is in the notch of the position plate under the machine. Here is a copy of a 301 manual. Print out pages 12 through 15 - or better yet print out the whole manual! There are graphics that show you how the position finger needs to be, along with graphics of how the bobbin should be inserted and which way it needs to turn when inserted correctly.

http://www.ismacs.net/singer_sewing_...ine-manual.pdf

Good luck, let us know if you get your 301 up and running as I am sure either Candace or Cathy could help you more than I can!

Oh and by the way, the needle has to be inserted correctly too with the flat side to the left! It then threads right to left!

Nancy