Old 03-30-2012, 05:38 AM
twoxover

Default transfer addiction....and fabric organization.

i've been an on/off quilter for 20 years, and have accumulated quite the stash-y'all would be proud of me! my closet reflects this, as well as no organization at all...

well, also in the last 20 years, i've been obese. and to be very honest, obesity (unless directly caused by health issues...which mine is not) is a type of addiciton--i eat for a variety of reasons, often having little to do with hunger. In the last two years, i have developed numerous health issues. In october, I had lap band surgery. As of this morning, I have lost 71 lbs.

Now, here is where my transfer addiction comes in...quilting! i've rediscovered the joy of it <g>, and also the joy of shopping for it! LOL. so, I bought comic boards, and in my spare time, have been wrapping my fabric. Hubby and I put together two of those 3 unitx 3 unit cubbies that lowes sells and stacked them in the closet (bless the man. he did this while on crutches and the night before his knee surgery..which was yesterday). I am gaining such a sense of satisfaction of wrapping and organizing. and i feel that this, if it's transfer addiciton...ie substituting one vice for another (kinda like someone who quilts smoking and then loves candy...) is far healthier! Don't let me bring any more fabric into the house!!

I think I'm going to need another set of two cubbie units. I'm still trying to figure out how i want to store the fat quarters....and then I need to start on organization of patterns.

Oh my...this is gonna turn me into a better housekeeper HAHAHAHAHA.....

betsey