Old 03-30-2012, 09:03 AM
Mizkaki

Irishrose,

I see your answer to Miriam. Since you can hear the motor I believe the controller probably isn't the issue. I asked about the double/ triple strand wire because the triple could have indicated an electronic controller.

The top should come off, sometimes its screwed off and sometimes it prys off. When you get the top of you can see if the belt to the handwheel is an issue. Does the motor race when the FC is pressed? if it does then the belt may be broken.

Cathy

Originally Posted by irishrose View Post
Kathy, The strands are just double. I can see no way to access the interior of the machine from the top. I think I have to unscrew the bottom and lift the cover off. I'm curious to whether it has an internal belt. At first I thought the motor was shot, now it sounds like the motor is doing its thing, but no action is happening. I don't need this machine, but there are a few cool cams and a buttonholer that are intriguing. I just appliqued a quilt with my Elna and she did her usual perfect work, so I'm not desparate. I just can't see the MW going to the dumpster if I can fix it. I can get a bobbin case when I figure out which one.

Miriam, everything turns, it does stitch by hand and the light works - the switch is inside faceplate cover - how weird is that? My 66 is in my little workspace waiting for Glenn to return, but it may have to move over.

Thank you both.