Old 03-30-2012, 09:12 AM
LindaM49

First of all, congrats on the weight loss. I have an internet friend that wasn't obese but getting close to it. OMG...you should see her now. She had the lapband surgery almost a year ago and her legs look like toothpicks (not really but compared to how she looked before they do).

I've done a LOT of sewing and crafts etc. over many years. I have to say I enjoyed doing just about everything I tried but...when you REALLY find what you love doing then it becomes habit forming. I spent thousands of $$$ on rubber stamping and making cards...it lasted a couple of years and now I have hundreds of rubber stamps in storage boxes. I began pouring candles and making soap and bath and body items in 2001 and I loved it. Would spend days and nights doing nothing but my hobby turned into a small business. I still love doing it but...put it on the back burner when I got back to sewing and quilting. I like having 2 things that I love to do...that way if I get a little bored with one I can go to the other and vice versa.

I didn't have much of a stash at all. But...after making a few purses/bags and picking up just a few yards of other fabric...my June Sun Bonnet Sue is sandwiched and I am slowly working on the machine applique. Sue in June is on a quilting cruise. Of course I couldn't find the exact fabrics from the book but I'm very pleased with what I could find and myself and others think it looks great. So what if the rotary cutter is yellow with small white and orange dots.

Again...congratulations and keep up the good work!