Old 03-30-2012, 09:58 AM
vintagemotif

Originally Posted by Crossstitcher View Post
I agree with Vintage. It is neat to use the different machines. I love useing each one of my special ladies but we have sew many it would take me a month to use each one if I used it one day. As I said before DH loves collecting machines and getting them to work and he enjoys watching me sewing on them when he gets them running. I have one of the older Davis's with the odd tension on top want to get to that one soon because I enjoy the one set up in the sewing room now. I wish you all could come and sew with me. Most of my friends have the newest machines and think I am crazy to use my ladies.
My father and MIL, both age 87, think I'm nuts in wanting to use vintage machine in treadles. I explained to them the difference in the machines and why I wanted those machines. I believe they understood, but still they think I'm nuts. I just ignore their talk and keep making my quilts. Interestingly, they both have stopped with why another machine.

I'm the only one in my house that takes interest in the vintage machines. My husband is supportive, but then my collection is only at 20 machines. I'm the person that must have a second machine as a backup machine. I once said I wanted to sell one machine, and it was my husband that said NO. He states that the machines have brought a warmth to the once cold backroom.

Hopefully over time, your friends will catch the vintage bug too!