Old 03-31-2012, 01:25 AM
miriam
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
Ok, I will put it here and then we can see what happens. This way you can ask questions as we go. I am getting all my thoughts together so it will make sense to you ladies and gents. Bare with me when I start I take a lot of this for granted and tell me to slow down if I need to. So to start this off I want you to clean the machine to get rid of the dirt and dust from the surface. Soap and water etc your favorite method. No gojo or goop. Then wipe down the whole with naptha this will remove any oil from the head. Of course you have done the cleaning to the mechanics of the machine before this step and the machine is working now. Now gather the materials. old white cotton T-shirts, hubby's tighty whities etc. denatured alcohol and linseed oil, shellac. All can be purchased al Lowes or Home Depot. Oh naptha is notlhing more than lighter fluid for a cig lighter. A small bottle will do you will not need much to wipe the head down. I will give you the next installment tomorrow in my evening post.
I didn't know Lowe's sold 'hubby's tighty whities'