View Single Post
Old 03-31-2012, 05:38 AM
Freddie

I have the PE770 too and yes, the view on the machine is one black blob. However, the price of the machine was excellent, so this is what I did. Search on the internet for ERA Universal. There are quite a few sites. This is a free program, but I got the CD and paid $14.95 forshipping. You might be able to find a dealer, who will let you download deirectly on your computer, if you live in the US. It is a full digitizing program and, yes, no other costs or annoying e-mails. They also have the more expensive Liberty of course, but I am happy with the "freebie". I don't digitize very much with it, but I can alter the designs and scale them. The most important part is that you can see all the steps of your embroidery and look at your computer screen.The learning curve is quite great, but slowly, but surely I like it more and more. Good luck with your machine

Originally Posted by sylviak View Post
I love this thread since I just purchased a Brother PE 770, but I have a bunch of questions! I'll start with just one, LOL!
My EM uses a flash drive to obtain patterns from the internet, but I have no way to organize them! I've been having them sent unzipped by email from which I can put them on my flash drive and then on the EM. I store these in a file on my email account. I print the color change and picture off for each one (lots of work). The pattern shows up as a black "blob" on my machine, then the areas being emb. show up as smaller black blobs. I've been looking at Amazing Designs "Catalog It" and it looks like just what I need. Does anyone use this and how do you get it from the catalog program to the machine? Flash drive? I'm sure considering buying it before I collect anymore patterns!