View Single Post
Old 03-31-2012, 06:13 PM
Fixedgearhead

I do give them as gifts. I gave 7 of the print version of these bags to the ladies at our local library, as a thank you for all the wonderful work they do, for the patrons. Then there are all the relatives. We are heading out to California this fall and all of my relatives out there will be the proud recipients. There will be a few given to some friends, here and there. People ask if I would sell one. I tell them it takes me one full day to turn one out. What would they pay me for a days labor plus materiel. For some strange reason the conversation never moves beyond that point. I donate them for charity auctions, and such, but that is the extent of it. I just love making them. The three dimensional nature of them being quilted, is really fun for me. Much more so than a bed quilt. There is so much more going on in making the three dimensional nature of these things, as opposed to the bed quilt. I have all of the bed quilts I can ever use so I had to come up with some other item and these seem to fill the bill. It is just my bag, so to speak.

JOhn

John