Old 03-31-2012, 06:46 PM
Monroe

You've got most of my favorites. Log Cabin Fabrics recently moved to a larger location on 9W in Selkirk, and has a handicapped ramp, plenty of parking. I loved the shop before but it was in a log cabin with steep steps and stairs. Joyful Quilter, Patti's, Gloversville Sewing center, Adirondack Quilts(even with the steep staircase), The Black Bear in Inlet. I also like the QuiltBug in Esperance. Smaller than some shops but a nice selection and very friendly staff. They used to have a traveling QuiltBus. Flying Geese in Colonie is having staffing issues and suggests you call before stopping in. Hopefully things will settle out soon. I rarely went there, but the last time the PT lady was nice. I'm permanently and painfully on crutches and to have a staffer plop down at a sewing machine and block me as I headed to the back wall of fabrics was enough to keep me out of there for almost a year. Over the border in N. Adams, MA I love Talas Quilt Shop, but she's apparently closed at present. I don't know if the horrible floods last Fall affected her shop. Skip Alfreds Fabrics in Colonie. He's still selling 15 year old fabrics with fade folds and just keeps increasing the prices.