View Single Post
Old 03-31-2012, 07:15 PM
ArizonaKAT

Default My Hand Crank 99K Delivery Drama

It hit 90 degrees in Arizona today for the first time this year . . . early. I worked in the yard putting up bambo fencing along the ugly horse fence that encloses my back yard. Just as it started to get hot I decided to come in and it wasn't 5 minutes I looked out and found the horses eating my bambo fencing! AHHH!

So in the heat of the day, I'm putting electric fencing around the horses side of the fence to save my good looking bambo from being tomorrow's fertilizer. This is how my day started.

Finally came in and sat down to cool off and the dogs started barking . . . and a car horn is blaring! I look out and whoo-ray, it's the mail lady with a BIG package . . . my 99K Crank is here . . . and the mail lady is flipping the box head over heel trying to get it to the fence. I'm running through the yard like an idiot yelling STOP! STOP! She's yelling "It's really heavy!" I'm yelling IT's ANTIQUE, STOP! She's still yelling "It's really heavy!" I get to the fence and finally get her to stop and she says "do you collect antique sewing machines? I have a couple at home I might want to get rid of." By this time my day isn't going so well and I'm starting to fear what I'm going to find in the box, praying the seller packed it nice and tight . . . and I tell her "I don't collect, I save and I'm hoping this one is savable (is that a word?).

Anyway, she's still doesn't have a clue about my stress and she says "well if I decide to get rid of mine, I'll leave you a note on your gate :-(

So I get it inside and open the box, the case was unlatched and the lid was off. The attachments were all over the box and the wooden box it sits in was splintered. I threaded it and it works! She's a beauty, too. The only thing I'm concerned about is the little tension wire doesn't seem to be doing anything but hanging there . . .but the machine works and I'm happy. I'm posting pics and see if I can get one of the tension wire.

I think I'll call her "FLIP".
Attached Thumbnails 99k-001-640x480-.jpg   99k-004-640x480-.jpg   99k-002-640x480-.jpg