View Single Post
Old 03-31-2012, 08:20 PM
flhomeschoolmom

Yes, postage stamp quilts take a LONG time. I began one for my grandmother's 80th birthday in 2010, not realizing how long it would take to make one. It is now two years later, she is almost 82 and I'm not even 1/4 of the way done with that quilt. The squares for her quilt is 1.25 inches. And I'm working on a postage stamp quilt for each of my boys using 2 inch squares, but with theirs I'm using specific fabrics. My youngest son's is being made from various camo and my oldest son's is being made from greens as that is what they each requested.

When designing the baby quilt I'm doing for my SIL, I reverted back to the 1.25 squares for the Irish Chain quilt I'm making. My blocks will end up being 9 inches, but I have to cut a LOT of 1.25 squares. To be precise, I have to have:
152 lavendar/lilac
152 pink
152 blue
150 denim (for the center squares)
152 multi color prints (in the colors above)
602 white
And then I also have to cut 3.5 inch white squares and I have to make 122 of those.

I still have quite a bit of fabric in my stash and could share some 1.5 inch squares or strips with you as long as you don't want any lilac/lavendar fabric because I'm out of that one. Are there specific colors or fabrics that you desire? PM me and let me know if you'd like some fabrics, and if so give me your addy.