Old 03-31-2012, 08:36 PM
orioncarol

I ran across this thread tonight trying to track down the Floral Master fabric. I'd had a UFO wall hanging which I decided to turn into placemats and wanted a bit more fabric. I've looked online and at several JoAnn stores the last few days, but will see if it's still possible to special order. I have made one OBW quilt in the past, and started another using the same light green/red/black fabric that jtapp used - and wasn't happy with my layouts. After reading tonight, I may be ready to try again!
I'm attaching a few photos of the OBW quilt that I did several years ago using a blue iris fabric that I'd bought at Hancocks (when they closed there stores in the Michigan area). I used hexagon pieces, and cut down some of my extra pieces into smaller hexs and appliqued them on the borders. The backing has a large piece of the original fabric. Thanks for posting all your efforts. I enjoyed reading and remembering.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]324317[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]324318[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]324319[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]324320[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails oneblockwonder_iris.jpg   oneblockwonder_detail.jpg   oneblockwonder_border1.jpg   oneblockwonder_back.jpg