View Single Post
Old 04-01-2012, 03:53 AM
sewnquilt2

Default Trinity Celtic Knot in shades of green

When my niece announced her engagement on Christmas day 2010, my quilting wheels began rolling. I asked her what kind of quilt she wanted Auntie to make, and she replied anything you make will be beautiful, you decide. I eventually got them to thumb through books, noting ones they liked but in the end their only request was that it be primarily "green". Their wedding has become Scottish themed, he is even wearing a kilt and having bagpipers play, so a Celtic Knot pattern felt appropriate. After many hours web browsing and strolling from quilt shop to quilt shop, I decided on "Trinity Celtic Knot" by Deborah Cohen. I collected many shades of green fabric from CT to ME until I had enough to choose from. In the end I decided on solid knots instead of scrappy and designed an intertwining border to compliment. It is a generous queen size and hand tied with the help of a friend. Here it is, completed in time for their Memorial Day wedding. Hope the image is not too large, could not figure out how to resize it. If you right click on the photo I believe you will see the full picture in one screen.
Attached Thumbnails 101_5502.jpg