View Single Post
Old 04-01-2012, 05:07 AM
onaemtnest

Originally Posted by Treasureit View Post
I have a Viking SE that I bought when it was the high end machine...I still use it and love it. I do regret that I spent so much because I didn't really enjoy the embroidery part of it...so I feel I have wasted that. Looked into selling it and getting something better for quilting, but when I tried the new machines today...wasn't impressed...keeping mine and glad I have it.
Wow Elaine this could have been written by me. I bought the Viking 1+ (at the time) the top-of-the-line machine knowing that retirement was looming I bought 'up' like another poster said. The embroidery part of the machine has only been used a couple of times. I love my Viking 1+ all metal ~ manufactured in Sweden ~ wouldn't part with for any amount of money or for one of the newer machines made in China.

I like another member now being on fixed income worry about the 'mother board' going out of this computerized machine, but replacing the mother board at this time is still far less expensive than what new machines cost.

Last edited by onaemtnest; 04-01-2012 at 05:17 AM.