View Single Post
Old 04-01-2012, 07:38 AM
romanojg

Originally Posted by Suze9395 View Post
A few yeras ago I wanted one of the higher end machines, but it wasn't in the budget. I checked around and found a used Viking quilt designer with lots of extras for $700. I love it. Dealers will often have used machines for sale that customers have traded in.
This is how I got my Viking Ruby this past fall. The previous owner no more than purchased it and then decided she wanted the latest version that had came out. There were only 7 hours on my machine when I bought it. I knew the previous owner so I knew it had been taken care of. The shop offers free embroidery classes each month so that I'm slowly learning how to use that feature which I'm excited about. This shop is go great that I haven't been able to take the past couple of classes so one day during the week when I'm off I'm going to the shop and the teacher will teach me how to do them all and I'll be all caught up. My machine qualified for financing and when it's paid down I want to get the editing software that will allow me to do so much more. Hopefully by the end of the year. I knew I needed more than the 4in hoop or I'd get bored and there was only one machine out newer than mine and I was fine with the few bells and whistles it had that mine didn't have. I figured by the time I learn how to do all there is with mine then I might be ready to advance to a bigger one if needed. With the endless hoop I may not need to even then. I know myself well enough to know that I need to either wait to get close to what I want or get what I want because if I settle for alot less I'll regret it and end up spending more money in the future getting what I wanted. Try different ones out; if they are used you can see how many hours are on the machine and ask about a warranty and classes so that you'll know how to use the features your machine has. I have so much more to learn but I know that I have a place to go to get the answers and help.