View Single Post
Old 04-01-2012, 10:30 AM
ckcowl
Power Poster

Default finally finished my oldest UFO---

I am so happy i finally finished this quilt---it was the oldest of my 'current' UFO's---started out as a BOM 10 years ago- i made all of the blocks- then (messed up) cut fabrics to start putting it together---and a month later received a finishing kit i was not expecting- i felt i had really messed everything up & set it aside- by then i had plenty of other projects going on-
over the years i have almost sent the blocks away a couple times- then decided to keep them- just in case i ever got around to finishing it up---i would get it out & look at it- admire the fabrics & the blocks---which i did not do too good at showing well in the pictures-sorry- good thing i'm a better quilter than photographer-
anyway- another (reason-excuse) was i didn't know what i would do with it when it was done----florals really don't (work) in our world---
finally decided it would be perfect for a favorite Aunt- and finished it up! yea! i am going to give it to her for mother's day-
she is going to be soooo surprised!

anyhow- yea- another UFO out of my sewing room!!!
now my oldest one is about 8 or 9 years old---and i guess one of these day's i'm going to have to sit down & start working on it again- ...
i really screwed up with the pics----there are 12 blocks- not 9---but you get the *jest* of it & i showed the back/quilting but i don't know how well that will show up- sometimes pics turn out better on here than i expect-
Attached Thumbnails april-14_1048.jpg   april-14_1049.jpg