View Single Post
Old 04-01-2012, 05:21 PM
ragamuffin

From previous threads on this subject, remember to make the height of the throat plate even with your elbows so you don't get tired shoulders, etc. You could even take those feet off your desk drawers and then cut the two legs off. I just cut 4" off my 1967 machine cabinet. I cannot believe I did not do this years ago. If you can find those plastic drawers or even a 2 drawer filing cabinet cheap, you could put that next to the desk on the right, at a right angle, add a covered top and turn it into an ironing board. I just had another thought, cut a hole in the top for the machine, measure so it fits your elbow height, put a shelf with little "L" brackets, underneath the top, add a piece down the right side so the "L" brackets can be on that side, and that would hold your machine. You could even close the back and side with that gray board, I forgot what it is called, (like pfc board. It is cheap, just a few bucks, but very sturdy. You could even buy a piece of that peg board on the side to hang your rulers, etc. Good luck. Yes, use legs for support and a piano hinge.