Old 04-01-2012, 06:29 PM
athenagwis

Originally Posted by auntpiggylpn View Post
The quilt top is gorgeous! I love the colors! Nice job!!!
Thank you so much!!

Originally Posted by flhomeschoolmom View Post
Yes, I'm seriously cutting them at 1.25 inches and there's a lot of them. I switch colors every so often just so the lines stop blurring together. All total I have to cut: 150 denim, 152 pink, 602 white, 152 blue, 152 lavendar/lilac, and 152 multi color prints in those colors. And then when all the tiny squares are cut, I have to cut 122 white squares that are 3.5 inches and then I can sew. I can't sew strips and then cut them down to size because each 9 patch square in each row only has 1 of each color in it except for the white. So...that's a lot of little squares to form 1 crib sized quilt.
Wow that is quite an undertaking!!! I hope you don't go crossed eyed. LOL Definitely share a pic when you are done!!!

Originally Posted by Pat625 View Post
All the blocks are now done and pressed...Will construct the top tomorrow and see if I need any borders to make it the size I want. Of course that means a fuin trip to Joannes!! Or maight have to go to downtown to check what is left at the LQS that is in the process of closiong. Definitely would do this again..It is fun to take a break and check on other people's progress!!
Yay!! Be sure to share a pic if you can. I hope you can find fabric for the borders, oh darn having to buy more fabric, what a struggle hehehe It was fun to be able to check in through out the day, maybe next time we'll even get more people! I'll have to announce it a little sooner maybe

Originally Posted by Grace creates View Post
what a great goal you set set Rachael. I saw your post late at night so the day already passed. Happy you got yourself motivated and was so successful. Grace
Thanks!! It turned out to be a wonderful day of sewing!!

Cheers!
Rachel