View Single Post
Old 04-01-2012, 07:26 PM
FroggyinTexas

I just took a workshop on machine applique from a nationally known designer/teacher. She uses Bounty paper towels for stabilizer; I used the paper towels I buy at Sam's Club and they worked great. You will just have to practice getting to end of the thing you are appliqueing. If you are making an inside turn, you leave your needle down on one side of the item, if an outside turn, leave the needle down on other. I am sure there are better instructions than this, but all the ones I read left me confused, so I had to figure it out for myself.
Your piece looks pretty. Be proud of yourself and have another go at it immediately. froggyintexas

Originally Posted by Jenniky View Post
Im working on a quilt that has applique. So far all applique I have in my short quilting has bee done using the blanket stitch which I learned from a class. I would like to make this quilt using the satin stitch to go around the applique. Here is a picture of my result. Im not real happy with it. I had a lot of trouble with the tight turns and lots of puckering of the fabric as you can see. Was hoping for some help or links to good tutorials on this sort of stitching. Thanks in advance for helping.