View Single Post
Old 04-02-2012, 04:41 AM
azwendyg

Originally Posted by feline fanatic View Post
Wow that is spectacular!! You have so much talent! This reminds me of Zentangles, in fact I see some known tangle designs in there. I haven't read through all the posts so please forgive me if this is a duplicate question... Did you mark this before quilting or just go at it with blank fabric?

I love the stylized peacock feathers and will definitely be finding a way to incorporate those into my quilting. YES! This is definitely suitable for framing.
Thanks for your wonderful complements! And you're right, there are some zentangle elements in there along with some Sharon Schamber designs. I've ordered a couple of zentangle books that should come this week, so you'll be seeing more of that from me soon. You'll also find a youtube video on those peacock feathers and others from Sharon Schamber here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=62HwbEdz37s

I didn't do any marking on this one, or even really have much off a plan before I started. I did the borders first, and then just started in one corner filling in with different designs. My original plan was to use this piece to try out designs and then incorporate them in a slightly larger piece, but this one turned out well enough to be a "keeper" itself.