View Single Post
Old 04-02-2012, 07:00 AM
reeskylr

I did this in a class and the Race was for who could get finished within an hour. Now, granted this was after all the strips were laid out and ready to go after stitching them end to end. Whoever finished in an hour won whatever prize was up, I think this was 50.00. The class took about three hours, but was a lot of fun, because you are visiting with folks and chatting it up.

In the class, you cut off 14 inches from the first strip, so it staggers the colors/prints.
In the class, if you are twisted at the end of the strip, you lose 2 minutes.

I had bought a saltbox Jelly Roll, I think they have 8 different fabrics in the Jelly Rolls. When class was over, I bought a packet of five purple and green fabrics. I cut my own strips at home and made another one, because I did enjoy it. Of course at home I can cut the fabric when it twists. lol, but yeah in class I had bad twisting after sewing all the strips together, when sewing I just took a bit more time to try and keep it untwisted before I'd sew the next strips. I didn't win the main prize, but I still enjoyed the class. I forget what we came up with to stop the harsh twisting on the first 1600 inch piece.