Old 04-02-2012, 07:12 AM
QuilterMomma

Great feeling to be caught up. I need to get there sometime soon. All hits at once I suppose when you leave things in their to do pile and play on the board. On the SBS quilting, I like to do an echo of the design and quilt on the actual SBS to enhance the features of the sue on the back with SID around her. It looks so nice on back. Depending on your setting and sashing, I would do feathers in the sashing, and borders. If you have more than one border, do a nice ribbon in the tiny border and the feathers in the larger. If you have setting blocks, I would do the traditional feather wreath or heart with some crosshatch. I love heavy quilting on my sues and I do not know how you will quilt yours, hand or machine. But that is some ideas without seeing the quilt top.
Originally Posted by jillaine View Post
Sunbonnet Sue is now sandwiched and basted and ready for quilting. Have a lot to do this weekend, though, so probably won't get to it until after taxes. But I feel "caught up" and no longer worried about meeting the deadline. Now I have to figure out how best to quilt Sunbonnet Sue squares. Any suggestions?