View Single Post
Old 04-02-2012, 07:23 AM
romanojg

Originally Posted by abc123retired
I have two Husqvarna Viking machines that I bought used and have been very happy with. The Rose is 10 years old to me and still does wonderful 4x4 embroideries-it's a many step process, though, to get the designs over to her. So I purchased the Designer 1 used and love it. I got SewWhatPro to load designs to it, but I'm always sewing on it and hardly ever want to stop to do embroidery. I'm thinking of buying another one so I can multi-task and embroider larger designs. My HUGE hangup though is stabilizer. I am still a beginner as far as which stabilizer to use in each instance. Is there a chart out there listing projects and stabilizers? For example, what is the best stabilizer if the embroidery will be used in a quilt where it will stay permanently? I have sweatshirts that have sat here all winter because of my stabilizer indecision.
Viking's web site offers advice on stabilizers along with free designs and emblibrary.com also has lots about stabilizers. It even shows you what happens when they've tested different stabilizers. it's a great site.I have a Ruby and Viking is great.