Old 04-02-2012, 07:33 AM
Havplenty

i have my swappers names and had already started packing things up for them and had started my handmade projects for them. i finally found the pattern that i was gonna make up for last month so one of my pals will get the item this month. i hope to be an early mailer this month but who knows.....

ooops. a hint postscript for my pals. they all have sewing machines, celebrate the holidays and like fabric. could this be you????

on another note, i was in louisville ky for a wedding this weekend. now i hear louisville is a HUGE basketball town and the final four was taking place in louisville that same weekend. there were LOTS of people there for the final four: ticket scalpers, ticket seekers, fraternities, sororities, families, there were several conferences going on all in the hotel the wedding was booked in. very busy weekend.

well the attendance seemed somewhat low at the wedding plus the wedding seemed to cycle pretty fast too. we got to the reception and about 100 RSVP'd guest did NOT show up. there were beautifully decorated tables that sat empty. as an out of town guest i had to inquire about what happened. the response i received was that it's final four weekend and those RSVP'd guest was game watching. i was told that louisville ky is a huge basketball town and basketball was king and i just didnt understand. but i said these were RSVP'd guests and the bride and groom had spent money to to feed these 100 additional people who did not have the decency to show up at the wedding, the reception and did not have the respect to cancel their rsvp. what a crock of mare droppings.

the bride, who is a very dear friend of mine, stepped into the area of all the empty tables and made a comment about it. we were trying to assure her that those who loved her most showed up and for her to not let this put a damper on her festivities. but her being the worrier that she is, i know it stung her greatly. not being a tv watcher, i do believe those rsvp'd guests could have tivoed (sp?) the game and at least made an appearance to her festivities. how does one weigh the importance of a basketball game over the wedding of a friend? you cannot tape the wedding and play it back later but you sure can do so with a basketball game. i still cannot believe those people did this after rsvping that they were coming.

Last edited by Havplenty; 04-02-2012 at 07:47 AM.