Old 04-02-2012, 07:57 AM
callen

Originally Posted by J Miller View Post
callen,

It uses standard class 15 bobbins and 15x1 needles. You don't need to go to eBay for those. Most any fabric shop that carries sewing supplies will have them. Also any sewing machine shop will too.
JoAnns has them I know for sure. Just don't buy the 10 pack in the plastic box. Those are junk. The smaller pack in the blister card are OK. Singer sells them too if you find someplace that sells Singer stuff. Schmetz is one of the best needles to buy.

Go here: http://www.singerco.com/accessories/instruction-manuals
Type in 15-91 in the little box and it will pop up a free .pdf file to download.

There you go, all set now.

Joe
Tks Joe. We don't have Joann'e here in Canada, at least no where close to where I live. I don't think they are here at all but I use Schmetz needles all the time (I agree they are the best) & we have a Singer retailer here so I will try him.
The lady that gave me the machine only had the machine & the foot. My DH made the wooden base for it so it would sit flat & I could use it. I had already seen the pdf file for the manual, just haven't printed it off yet as my printer is acting contrary today. Many tks for your help & input.
Carol