View Single Post
Old 04-02-2012, 08:43 AM
Mad Mimm

Originally Posted by sew cornie View Post
How was the show? We got back from our other obligation at 4:15 - I could've made it to the show for the last hour of it but decided it was a high cost to pay (gas, parking, entry fee) for only one hour. Maybe next time. I sure hope you enjoyed it!
It was not too bad. I did expect to see more quilts, but what they had was an interesting and diverse mix of styles and techniques. There was a fair amount of hand-quilted items, some very traditional quilts, and some lovely art quilts so you could say there was a little something for everyone. They would not allow any photos though because they wanted to sell a DVD they made so I have no pics to share.

The featured quilter, Carol Brown, was a real treat. Her quilts had a large variety of techniques, a wide range of colors and styles. She is really a diverse and talented quilter who does some very beautiful applique work.

Incidentally, the quilts that won first prize for Applique and Machine Quilted would not have been my choices. I do so wish they would share the judging criteria so I could understand their choices better. Makes me think I was looking at the quilts and missing something important.

Sorry you could not make it but this is a busy season for quilt shows. The Clark County Quilters have their show next weekend in Vancouver - not a huge show but it is well put together and has a fair amount of quilts for a local guild show. The entry fee is $6, I think, but no parking fee. A little more reasonable than the other.