View Single Post
Old 09-04-2009, 06:37 PM
Mousie
Power Poster

Originally Posted by b.zang
Originally Posted by saravincent
My goal is to keep on using it, even if all I get done are the quilt tops. If (when?) I die, my kids will marvel at how productive I have been, and get them quilted in my memory (ha ha). But if (when) I die and they see tubs of scraps, they will wonder at my sanity. SO. . . I keep on sewing, buying only enough to finish projects. I have sewn 6 quilts so far this year, but only completed 2 of them (which were both given away). I WANT to outlive my stash!!
You might consider doing what I read about in a novel.......

Every quilt top you make, or pieces you put together for a quilt, sort out separately. Put each "quilt" in a shoebox of its own and label it with the name of someone. Then, if anything happens, everyone will think you were in the process of making them something special; everyone will get a box of something from you; and everyone will be somewhat obligated to complete the project.
well, there have been a lot of really great replies here...amma, I'm a clean freak, but loved your answer.
K3n, sorry your wee one, is already eyeballing the stash, and looking at her watch, and taking your temp! :mrgreen:
Loved the one, about buying fabrics for hubby's next wife, and leaving her NO MONEY!
and the gray haired set, that knew mom was about to go, and had salivated over which fabrics they would jump on...just to get there, and find out, daughters had already picked over the lot...that was RICH!
so many good answers, but have to say, I have not read to the end, but this one, is AWESOME!
I'm gonna go in cave, first thing in the morning, and put the names on all the bundles, so my kids can all sit around with the crying towel, and lament how mom was going to use these lovely fabrics just for me....how thoughtful was it, for her to plan to use all my favorite colors?
Hope hubby doesn't get another hernia, hauling it out of there! Aw, knowing him, he'll put the blade on his tractor, and plow it~! :wink:
He just said, he was gonna take his little bit of stuff out, and burn the house down.
I said, why would you do that, when you could sell it? you could get back all the money, that you thought should have gone to you. (We have an allowance, each :wink: ) I earned that stash!
If he's gonna burn it, I can see right now, I might as well, start stitching every single piece end to end, side to side, and make the Guiness World Book of Records, largest quilt or tent, there ever was! :mrgreen: