Old 04-02-2012, 01:04 PM
athenagwis

Originally Posted by nlpakk View Post
Well I noticed that you started this on Sunday, It's now Monday and I just got the QB newsletter so you're probably all done by now! I've been to the gym for aqualates and strength training and will get to the sewing machine after lunch. It's a good incentive to include others!
Let us know how your sewing goes today!! I did do this on Sunday, but it can go the whole week if people want!!

Originally Posted by butterflies5518 View Post
Wow, wish I had joined yesterday! I made a tumbler quilt top Saturday and worked on the backing yesterday. Decided for backing to use charms 2 wide, 16 long as a stripe off center to extend the fabric the number of inches I needed. This quilt is a donation for Habitat for Humanity that my employer will be constructing on the 20th. I would much rather swing a needle than a hammer! The quilts shown are so inspiring, love them!
That's so awesome!! I hope you'll share your quilt. I think I'll do this again this weekend, but give better notice of it this time!!

Originally Posted by Pat625 View Post
Finally got the quilt top together..The original pattern from a 2004 magazine was for a lap quilt. I enlarged the patterns and added strips and borders to make it full size. Now still have to decide on a back...I really would like to use my stash, but not sure if I have anything I would like...Really want to use up a lot of my stash, so I can go buy more!! LOL
Wowee!! Looks great. Orange and Blue is my fave combo!! And a big yay!! For using the stash

Originally Posted by ube quilting View Post
Heres how far I am so far. Binding cut, label, sewn on, trimed and pinned! I'm threading needles now! It's a little after 2pm.
peace
Whew I'm tired just thinking of all that work!! Great job!! Can't wait to see it!!

Rachel