View Single Post
Old 04-02-2012, 01:52 PM
doris.meek13088

I live in beautiful Bozeman, Montana and have seen a bumper sticker often that says "did you move here to be in a hurry?" Same way I feel about quilting races. I quilt because I love the feel of the fabric, I feel great when I have finished something that I have made (be it easy are more difficult), and I love to give gifts that cannot be a duplicate of somebody else's gift. I don't want to be in a rush as so much of the rest of life is a rush. Yes, there may be a reason to try to get a gift on time, but I have been know to just add a note to a card that states "interesting things come to those who wait" and give the homemade gift when it gets done. Last time it was getting a baby quilt out to a 3 month old (just made it a little larger so she can use it longer) I have made (not yet quilted) the stip quilt you are talking about. It took me all afternoon but I enjoyed every minute of it. We were "camping" in our trailer in Ennis and DH got me all set up to play sewing while he went fishing for the afternoon. He came back to a happy wife and a cold beer so he was thrilled too.