View Single Post
Old 09-04-2009, 08:49 PM
OdessaQuilts

Wow! Thanks one and all; this really is going to give me a head start on my choices!

Up North, we've already got our tickets ordered for the Toonerville trolley train/boat tour to the falls. :wink: AND, I've been to that Ben Franklin in Gaylord (which is on the way -- yay!), so I may have to take a "potty stop" ... hehehehehe!

Ghostrider, the Icehouse is one of my favorite out-of-town shops! Again, another one not too far off the Interstate!

Kay, I hadn't previously heard of Gloria's Happy Hooker; we may have to make the trip to the Soo to find it, if only because the name is so intriguing! I've been to a little quilt shop in Paradise; I wonder if it's the same one you mentioned ... seems like a tiny little hole in the wall, but loaded full of terrific finds! That was the first one I thought of, but I was hoping for more options and the folks here came through!

Thanks everyone for the Anniversary wishes.

Janstar, I don't own an airbrush, and since I don't do rolled fondant, the decorations on the cake had to be piped on by hand, which is one reason why the "fabrics" don't have a lot of pattern to them. But I was told that the woman whose birthday it was just loved it!

Here are some more pics: