View Single Post
Old 04-02-2012, 06:34 PM
M.I.Late

You guys are the greatest. Piano keys was the way to go. I did go with the brights again which framed the bed perfectly. I did however also add in the black and whites. And MOM3 you were so right! When I added the light color around it to finish it - it lifted it right off the bed and it looked like I just cut up a sheet to finish it. Here's the picture after adding the piano keys and thin yellow strip. The first one was the original thought - the second one is testing a darker drop - but I went with an even darker drop than this; the black latice, but there wasn't any to be found here. It's for my friend in California, so I went ahead and shipped it off to my sister and they'll finish it in the black lattice. I'll post a picture when it's finally done. It's the black w white lattice that's in the quilt already. I couldn't have this in my master it's too wild - it would drive me crazy. Go figure - she picked this.... I went with a basic black/gray back so it can be flipped over when she gets sick of it. Will post pictures after it's quilted and bound. Again, thanks everyone - this is one that drove me crazy from start to finish.
Attached Thumbnails katies-light-drop.jpg   katies-w-darker-border.jpg  

Last edited by M.I.Late; 04-02-2012 at 06:41 PM.