View Single Post
Old 04-02-2012, 06:51 PM
Caroline S

Default Universal Super Zig Zag Model AZZ

Here is another one of my projects. This is a sewing machine I dug out of my mother's basement when we moved here out of her house. She spent the last 8 years in the storage unit until a couple of months ago when I decided that I was paying for the storage unit and everyone else was storing their stuff/junk in it.

I fell so much in love with Morse Fotomatic that I acquired last week that I decided that I will keep it all to myself and loan the Universal to my granddaughter. This sewing machine is filthy on the outside but other than a little dust and grime the underneath is OK. The foot control is side mounted on the inside of the cabinet with a knee lever. I am going to replace that with a new foot controller and electrical plug in box as the plug in box is broken.

The top of the cabinet is in really bad shape so I am going to peel off the worst of the veneer and sand it. A full cabinet fix will have to wait till later. I think that once GD has her baby this summer (she also has a 3 year old) she will lose interest in sewing and the machine will come back to me.

I plugged her in to the new controller to test drive the motor. After a little hesitation the motor started turning. That is all the information I needed. I do not see grease ports on the motor. I have posted a pic of the motor. Does it need greasing? If so, how? I have been looking online for a manual but so far no luck. Tonight she will get oiled on all parts that look like they move.
Attached Thumbnails 2012-04-01-universal-deluxe-sewing-machine-001.jpg   2012-04-01-universal-deluxe-sewing-machine-003.jpg   2012-04-01-universal-deluxe-sewing-machine-016.jpg   2012-04-01-universal-deluxe-sewing-machine-006.jpg